8/06-Present: Self-employed, providing contract legal services and document review, Missoula, Montana.
05/93-05/04 Bingham McCutchen LLP, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Represented financial institutions in chapter 11 cases in such matters as debtor-in-possession financing, use of cash collateral, plan confirmation and relief from the automatic stay.
- Represented plaintiffs in discharge litigation and defendants in preference and other avoidance actions.
- Represented unsecured creditors, primarily large national companies, in reclamation and claims resolution proceedings.
- Provided advice to colleagues in the financing and corporate practice groups in connection with business transactions of all kinds, and drafted legal opinions.
- Handled various litigation matters in connection with firm’s practice as counsel to creditors’ committees in mega chapter 11 cases.
Widett, Slater & Goldman, P.C., Boston, Massachusetts.
Extensive bankruptcy practice, representing debtors, secured creditors and unsecured creditors’ committees. Practice grew to encompass general civil litigation.
Office of the Attorney General, Boston, Massachusetts
Assistant Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division
Enforcement of consumer protection laws through consent decrees and litigation.
United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
Law Clerk, Chief Judge Francis J. Boyle
Regular participant in continuing legal education seminars presented by Massachusetts Continuing Education, the Boston Bar
Association’s Bankruptcy Law Section and the National Business Institute. In Montana, planned and moderated programs for the Family Law Section of the State Bar; instructor in mediation trainings presented by the Community Dispute Resolution Center of Missoula County (CDRC).
CDRC: Volunteer (2007-present), Board Member (2009-2016), Board President (June 2015-June 2016), Interim Executive Director (September 2011-June 2012); Supervising Attorney, UM School of Law Mediation Clinic (fall 2014); Missoula Food Bank, Volunteer (2006-2011); Missoula Housing Authority, Volunteer (2005); Winthrop [Massachusetts] Education Foundation (2000-2004), Founder and President.
1981 J.D., Boston College Law School, magna cum laude; Boston College Law Review; Order of the Coif; Law Revue musicals
1977 B.A., University of Montana, Missoula
Journalism (honors) and French (high honors)
1972 Harlowton High School, Harlowton, Montana (valedictorian)